Popular Posts

Sunday, February 15, 2015

1000 days later...

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3748106/?claim=mxnsh9xn2qe">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
So I posted my first "blog" almost 1000 days ago (997 to be exact)! Initially, I had a great idea that I wanted to start blogging about the things I create, cook, enjoy, etc., but life got crazy busy and I just didn't have the time or energy to be creative. Here's a quick run down of what I have done in the past 1000 days...

May 2012 I was working as an EMT in my home town of Escalon, CA, until that October I started working a busy 9-1-1 system in Alameda County. I was soon working full time and 55 miles away from home 3 + days a week, and I work 12 hour shifts at minimum, so any day I worked required at least 15 hours of my day.  I loved my job so that's all I did!


June 2013, took a trip of a lifetime to the Virgin Islands, both US and British with my husband, aunt & uncle and 2 cousins! Then in July I started paramedic school (40 miles from home, 3 days a week), and was still working full time so I think I had 1 day off a week, if I was lucky!  


April 2014, I turned 30! Celebrated by going surfing in CA for the first time, got shocked in the face at Tough Mudder the next day, and finished the weekend with a beautiful Sunday brunch with my family and friends.


June 2014 I was able to quit working so I could focus on my paramedic internship and get moved... Oh yeah, my husband took a job in Knoxville, TN in December 2013! So we were living 2400 miles apart for 10 months while I finished my paramedic requirements in California. 

  
So finally, at the end of September 2014 I was done with my internship and ready to move.  I arrived in Knoxville on October 1, 2014 and have been a "housewife" for the last 4 months, while I studied for my National Registry EMT-Paramedic license... Which I passed on February 5, 2015!!! Yahoo! So now, I am looking forward to getting back to work. In the meantime, lets blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment