Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Today's Project, Curtains!

This is my very first blog entry, so bear with me...
I have been working on making some drapes to replace the towels we hang over the floor length doors that keep the house cool now that summer is kicking in.  I recently went to a craft store and found some great material on sale for $9.99/yd, all of the other drape material was in the $20-30 range, and I needed enough for 3 50" panels that are 90" long, so the three sections ended up being around $70, which I thought was a lot, but it could have been a lot more.  So I got my material, then took it home and started looking for an easy pattern on my go-to blog, Pinterest. I think the pattern, or blog I used for a guide was Adventures in Dressmaking. So here's what I did, in a nut shell...

First thing's first, sew the sides:
1. Fold in raw edge 1/2" along both lengths
2. Fold in another 1/2" so the raw edge is hidden
3. Pin in place
4. Take off shoe so you have a good feel for the pedal




5. Iron thicker folds in place before pinning
6. Measuring every few inches keeps it even
7. Sew the top and bottom.


8. I use my arm to help pull up the fabric as I go
9. Fold in the corners to make a nice edge


10. Here's the outside finished product!


1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    I like your style, I hope to see more

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete